Youth Program '16 - '17
Starts - 10 September 2016
8:00 AM for Children 9:00 AM for Teens
Welcome to the beginning of a new year of aikido training. I hope you had a wonderful summer. This letter includes information about the program.
Dues for the Youth Program, both the Children’s and Teen classes, will be $75/month for each student. For families with more than one youth enrolled, the fee for the second child will be $65/month, and for those with three, the third will be $55/month. The Dues listed are for recurring payments, by credit card or bank draft. Dues paid by check are $10 more per child/family. Checks can be made out to Aikido Shobukan Dojo, or ASD. Please write “youth program” and your child's name in the memo area. Checks should be placed in the Black Box in the office.
Forms for automated payment of dues will be available on and after 10th September.
Please keep in mind that the monthly fee permits attendance at all three Children’s classes a week, and Teens may attend all those classes plus the two Teen classes each week. Children’s Saturday class will be from 8:00 to 9 AM, followed by teens. Children's Monday and Wednesday classes will be from 5 until 6 PM. Teen classes will be from 9 to 10:15 on Saturdays, following the children, and on Thursdays from 4:30 to 6 PM. There will be no class on the following dates:
- Sept 29th and Oct 1st — Instructors Seminar, Youth Program classes cancelled
- Nov 23rd - Nov 26th — Thanksgiving
- Dec 24th - Jan 1st — Winter Break
- Jan 16th — Martin Luther King
- Feb 20th — Presidents' Day
- April 10th-17th — Spring Break
- May 29th — Memorial Day
- End of year demonstration and party— June 3rd
Please note that the Youth Schedule generally follows the Montgomery County School System for days off due to snow and other weather related issues.
To facilitate communication, we collect home and email addresses and phone numbers for all families. We do not have complete or appropriate contact information on all enrolled families. We ask returning families to check and correct our existing information.
Promotions and belts are awarded at the discretion of the instructors.
Community service is a school requirement for many of our high school students. We could use the help of a teen or two for the Children’s classes, especially during the weekday classes. If any teen is interested, we can explore the school’s requirements and the necessary record-keeping.
- If you plan to watch class, please turn your cell phones off.
- Please keep the volume of your conversations to a minimum during class time.
- Parents may sit on the back deck during class; however, once class has begun you may not cross the mat to go on the deck or leave the deck until class has ended.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to an exciting year.
Aikido Shobukan Dojo
421 Butternut Street NW
Washington DC 20012